Trowbridge International Tax Services GmbH works with individuals to prepare Canadian resident, non-resident and Section 216 non-resident rental income tax returns, tax estimates, and year-round planning to minimize or defer income tax.


Our areas of emphasis in providing individual tax services include:

  • Canadians who have recently relocated permanently to Germany

  • Persons on short-term domestic or international assignments

  • Canadians in the Germany that have Canadian rental properties

  • German individuals who have recently relocated permanently to Canada

Don't forget to file your departure return!

When you leave Canada, you must report most property (with the exception of cash and most retirement plans) with a total value of more than $25,000 to the CRA. You are deemed to have disposed of and reacquired the property on the date of departure and may be liable to a taxable gain.

The departure form T1161 must also be filed even if you are not deemed to have disposed of any property. The form must be filed on or before your tax return filing due date for the year that you leave Canada to avoid penalties.

Moving to Canada?

If you are moving to Canada, we can provide local tax assistance via our Trowbridge offices in Toronto and Vancouver.